Thematic Fund for Civil Society Participation
NGO Block Grant
Call for Proposals - 2nd round, January 15, 2015
The purpose of the Thematic Fund for Civil Society Participation is to promote the contribution of civil society organisations as important actors in the development of society and strengthened civic participation.
THE GENERAL OBJECTIVES of the NGO BLOCK GRANT are:
- to strengthen Romanian NGOs and to enable their active participation in policy processes both as the voice of civil society and as a service provider, and
- to promote activities of the CSOs primarily tackling environmental issues, contributing to the provision of social services as well as allowing for strengthening their organisational capacities.
THE COMPONENTS the present CALL FOR PROPOSALS:
- Social Component, with a financial allocation of CHF 4,079,875
- Environmental Component, with a financial allocation of CHF 1,000,000
WHO IS MANDATED TO MANAGE AND ADMINISTRATE THIS THEMATIC FUND:
The Swiss Intermediate Body for managing and administrating the Civil Society Participation Fund is a consortium formed by
- KEK-CDC Consultants (KEK-CDC) - www.kek.ch
- Civil Society Development Foundation (CSDF) - www.fdsc.ro
- Romanian Environmental Partnership Foundation (REPF) - www.repf.ro
Within the NGO Block Grant, the Social Component is administrated by CSDF, while the Environmental Component is administrated by REPF.
WHO MAY APPLY:
- Non-governmental and non-profit organizations, with a legal status in Romania, organized and managed according to the Romanian enforced laws regarding NGOs;
Applicants may act individually or with partner organisations from Romania and/or Switzerland.
WHO MAY BE PARTNER:
Romanian partner/s may be:
- non-governmental and non-profit organizations;
- universities, other education institutions or research institutes with a non-profit profile;
- local and central public authorities, public institutions/agencies, deconcentrated governmental services at local level;
- territorial entities.
Swiss partner/s may be:
- Non-governmental and non-profit organization/s organized and managed according to the enforced laws from the country of origin.
- small grants (for both Components): CHF 10,000 - CHF 75,000
- large grants (for Social Component only): CHF 75,001 - CHF 250,000
DURATION OF THE PROJECTS:
The duration of a project will be of minimum 12 months and maximum 24 months.
NUMBER OF PROPOSALS PER APPLICANT:
An applicant may submit maximum 2 (two) proposals under this Call for Proposals, out of which maximum 1 (one) for large grants.
Organisations which were/are EAs under the 1st round of the NGO Block Grant may submit, as applicants, only 1 proposal, and that proposal could be only for small grants, for either the Social Component or the Environmental Component.
HOW TO APPLY:
The online application forms will be filled in on the web platform www.finantare.fdsc.ro.
THE DEADLINE for submitting the proposals for both Components is: March 19, 2015, 17:00 Romanian time.
QUESTIONS RELATED TO THIS CALL FOR PROPOSALS:
Questions can be sent by e-mail or fax to the following addresses, no later than March 13, 2015:
Answers will be given at the latest March 17, 2015.
The Guidelines for Applicants and other related documents for this Call for proposals can be downloaded by accessing the "Descărcare documente" button (top right corner) on the Romanian page of this Call.